E-Tech Resources Inc. Coverage Report – Jan 2023
Author Trevor Davis, January 2023
E-Tech Resources (“E-Tech”, or “the Company”) is a Canadian-owned exploration-stage company in the rare earth element (“REE”) mining sector. The Company’s primary asset is the wholly-owned Eureka REE project in Namibia, a country in Southern Africa.
- E-Tech is focused on rare earth elements at Eureka:
- REEs are critical to the transition to clean energy
- Neodymium-Praseodymium (NdPr) oxide is the primary ingredient in the world’s most efficient and highest strength permanent magnets used in the renewable energy sector
- These magnets are used to generate electricity in wind turbines and electric vehicles
- Namibia is one of the best mining jurisdictions in Africa
- At Eureka, indications are that it will be easier to extract the NdPr due to the monazite nature of the deposit.
- Current stage of development:
- E-Tech is focused on exploration at this moment
- Eureka offers significant potential resource upside
- Indications are of a deposit that, the Company believes, shows the potential for streamlined, simple mining and treatment processes that could be advanced sooner than most
Proximity to highway, rail and port infrastructure provides access to external markets of both off-takers and downstream users of the mineral concentrate to be produced at Eureka. An experienced management team places E-Tech in a good position to be able to maximize the potential of the deposit.
E-Tech in its current form was created through a combination of E-Tech Kalapuse Mining (Pty) Ltd. (“E-Tech Namibia”) and Battery Road Capital Corp., with the combination closing in October 2021. E-Tech, and previously E-Tech Namibia, have been actively exploring the Eureka deposit since late 2016.